Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2045
"Ira Hansen carrying the bill is not a popular person with Democrats."
- David Damore, Associate Professor of Political Science, UNLV on one of the reasons the state’s community colleges were not able to break away from NSHE. But Professor Damore thinks there is momentum towards that outcome.Thursday, June 22, 2017.
"I would say an additional $1 billion.
- Ruben Murillo, President, Nevada State Education Association says that amount is still needed to ensure that schools can be accountable and have the resources and programs plus the support staff that he feels are needed for student success.Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
"The primary customer to Macau is still lazar focused or hyper focused on gambling.
- Grant Govertsen, Managing Director at Union Gaming Securities Asia says nobody cares about night clubs in Macau despite the fact that in Las Vegas, for a lot of people, night clubs trump gaming.Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
"We are going to wish we had those 100,000-plus construction workers back.
- Bill Noonan, Senior Vice President of Industry & Governmental Affairs for Boyd Gaming, think there is going to be a real boon for all kinds of construction trades to get the 15 billion dollars’ worth of actually funded projects off the ground. These projects include the Raider’s stadium, Resorts World Hotel Casino and the expansion of the LVCVA convention center.Monday, June 19, 2017.
"They’re all big government politicians.
- Tom Cargill, Professor of Economics, University of Nevada who says there really isn’t a lot of difference between Republicans and Democrats. They perpetrate the falsity that you can give something for nothing.Thursday, June 08, 2017.
"Hey, I declare victory on that
- Paul Enos, CEO, Nevada Trucking Association addressing the fact that despite ESA’s not getting funded, tuition vouchers, were funded, by Nevada businesses, for opportunity scholarships.Wednesday, June 07, 2017.
"That’s who the Governor had to work with.
- Fred Lokken, Political Science, TMCC pointing out that the Democrats had a striking majority in the State Assembly.Tuesday, June 06, 2017.
"There is no question, Jessica Sferrazza would like to run.
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner pointing to Mayor Hillary Schieve’ s attempted end run to get the Legislature to change the status of Reno mayor so that there would be a difference between the mayor and a city council person. That would allow termed out council people to be able to run for mayor.Monday, June 05, 2017.
"So that signals to me that perhaps a bill that would have to be signed by the Governor is not likely.
- Bryan Wachter, Senior Vice President, Retail Association of Nevada referring to Senate Joint Resolution 6, the ballot question for raising the minimum wage, will resolve the issue for this session removing one more roadblock to the end of the Legislative session.Thursday, June 01, 2017.
"I think it’s going to be in the 50 (%) range.
- Susan Fisher, Government Affairs Group VP, McDonald Carano Wilson looking to her crystal ball to forecast where the renewable portfolio standard will be for Nevada by the end of this session.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
"Maybe there are people who could do it but it is one of those things where you recognize your own mortality. You're going to end up doing a bad job on both.
- Congressman Mark Amodei, CD 2 who has decided it is not possible to run for statewide office while serving as a Congressman from Northern Nevada. He will run for re-election in 2018.
Tuesday, May 30, 2017.
"All networks are compromised and it’s just how much you know about it and how much you don't.
- Ira Victor, Digital Forensic Analyst, DiscoveryTechnician.com says that in the future companies are going to have to protect their crown jewels of data because you won’t be able to protect everything.
Monday, May 29, 2017.
"The Governor -- not only in person but by his actions -- has assured me time and time this session that we're not getting out of this place, not getting out of Carson City, until we get this done."
- State Senator Scott Hammond, District 18 says by the end of this session the ESAs will be in statute and be funded.
Thursday, May 25, 2017.
"They are pushing back on what they feel the Republicans stole two years ago.
- Mark Peplowski, Professor Political Science, College of Southern Nevada describing the partisan nature of the current legislative session, and using, as an example, the Senate Democrats caucusing with now Independent Senator Patricia Farley to help them get their way.Wednesday, May 24, 2017.
"I think he probably has a pretty good chance of being released.
- Assemblyman Steve Yeager, District 9 discussing O.J. Simpson’s upcoming parole hearing while acknowledging that politics and public opinion might impede Simpson’s release, rightly or wrongly.Tuesday, May 23, 2017.
"The fact that we are six months ahead of the game is really impressive.
- State Senator Tick Segerblom, District 3 says that most states have been six months late in getting the taxation and regulations for recreational marijuana up and running.Monday, May 22, 2017.