Displaying: 1 to 16 of 2073
"He finds it so hard to criticize people who praise him.
- Chris Wicker, Democratic National Committeeman referring to President Trump’s initial difficulty in going after the KKK and white supremacists.Thursday, August 17, 2017.
"You deal with the media. You don’t attack them.
- Danny Tarkanian, Candidate for US Senate (R) says that when Donald Trump said the media is the enemy of the people he was only referring to the “Fake” media. Mr. Tarkanian’s father dealt with as rough a media as does the President.Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
"I think it makes the Republicans very happy.
- Eric Herzik, Political Science Professor, UNR discussing the real possibility that Chris Giunchigliani will enter a Democratic primary against fellow Clark County Commissioner Steve Sisolak.Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
"It’s disingenuous for anybody to say that our schools are adequately funded. They’re not and we need to end that conversation and do something about it instead of talking about it."
- Chris Giunchigliani Clark County Commissioner wants to see the funding formulae changed for pre K through 12 and feels that the current formula hurts some counties like Washoe.Monday, August 14, 2017.
"(We’re) looking at developers to put in 20% affordable housing."
- Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve talking about the multiple major housing developments breaking ground, in the area. Affordable housing isn’t just a problem in Reno. The Mayor says this is a major topic of discussion across the country among her Mayoral colleagues. She says developers are amenable to the idea.Thursday, August 03, 2017.
"She has a track record of bucking Senator Reid and I think she might do it again.
- Sean Whaley, Reporter, Las Vegas Review-Journal discussing the topic of Congresswoman Dina Titus entering the primary for the US Senate seat Dean Heller now holds despite the early entry of Reid favorite Jacky Rosen.Wednesday, August 02, 2017.
"Oh jeez. One word. Trainwreck."
- Andrew MacKay, Exec. Dir., Nevada Franchised Auto Dealers Association describing the 10 day reign of former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci, also known as "The Mooch"
Tuesday, August 01, 2017.
"He walked the plank.
- Gary Martin, Washington, D.C. Correspondent, Las Vegas Review Journal referring to Dean Heller’s vote for the “skinny” repeal of Obamacare.
Monday, July 31, 2017.
"What I do see more of, which I hate seeing, is hate. I hate the bigotry, I hate the sexism, the racism. It is really disgusting and really scary.
- Marilyn York, Attorney with her take on Donald Trump and the effects of his presidency.
Thursday, July 27, 2017.
"My cheese is slipping of my cracker.
- Congressman Mark Amodei, CD 2 gathering his thoughts after five continuous weeks on Capitol Hill.
Wednesday, July 26, 2017.
"You can’t defeat an ideology with weapons.
- Jill Derby, Former Nevada Democratic Chair describing her view that there will be new versions of ISIS until all the people have an equal input into how they are governed in places like Syria and Iraq.
Tuesday, July 25, 2017.
"That blew my mind.
- Monica Jaye, News Anchor, Public Affairs Director, KKOH on hearing the news that Harry Reid and John Boehner were teaming up to co-chair a new public policy institute at UNLV.
She feels that this is another example of the Washington DC swamp that President Trump is trying to drain.Monday, July 24, 2017.
"I think it’s going to be a minor distraction, quite frankly.
- Andrew MacKay, Exec. Dir., Nevada Franchised Auto Dealers Association commenting on State Treasurer Dan Schwartz pursuing a potential primary challenge to AG Adam Laxalt for Governor.
Thursday, July 20, 2017.
"Sheldon is a good man. I'm not disparaging him. But this world is full of billionaires and full of millionaires. He's not the only guy in town."
- Dan Schwartz, Nevada State Treasurer who says he is likely to announce for Governor in September and is not concerned about Sheldon Adelson’s support of AG Adam Laxalt in this race.Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
"The problems from it, are yet to be seen."
- Marsha Berkbigler, Washoe County Commissioner discussing the overwhelming success, so far based on sales, of recreational marijuana.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017.
"it is going to be tough for him to compete down there. I wish him the best of luck.
- Mike Alonso, Lewis & Roca looking at Alex Meruelo’s group buying SLS, the former Sahara and trying to compete with both the local giants like Station Casinos and Boyd Gaming, as well as Strip giants like MGM Entertainment and Caesars Entertainment.Monday, July 17, 2017.